Dump Valve Placement & Entries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-junky

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I notice two difference between the Aqua Pro Plus and the Techniflex that I have questions about.

First: The dump valve on the Aqua Pro Plus is higher (upper arm) vs the (forearm) placement on the Techniflex. Can someone comment on the advantages / disadvantages of both? I don't see that the Techniflex can be ordered with the valve on the upper arm. Is this correct?

Second: The Aqua Pro Plus has the option of a horizontal entry. Can someone comment on the advantage / disadvantage of this? Easier to get into? Durability of the zipper when doning etc. Is it true that the Techniflex can NOT be ordered with the horizontal entry?

Norm

The dump valve can be located on either the forearm or the shoulder. We have had a lot of feedback liking the forearm dump, but a lot of more traditional divers still prefer the shoulder.

Also, both suits are available in the Horizontal front entry. The advantage of the Horizontal is that it is much easier to don or doff, but you do have a little more drag due to the extra fabric.

I have the Techniflex and it is a great suit with a great company behind it. The forearm dump is nice and there are only two problems I have encountered with it. The first is that it usually gets caught as I am sliding my arm into the webbing of my BP/W. The other problem is if your diving with someone new and raise your arm to dump air, they look at you wondering what you are trying to signal to them.

As far as the zipper styles, I have the front entry /self doning. I have used both styles and think I prefer the back shoulder entry. There should always be someone there to help you with the suit anyway and you don't have all of the extra material to deal with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom