Dutch scuba diver became the surprise catch of the day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And there's ten stuffed heads in my trophy room right now,
Two game wardens, seven hunters, and a pure-bred Guernsey cow.

Tom Lehrer - The Hunting Song

From http://news.yahoo.com

Fri Aug 17, 11:32 AM ET
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - A Dutch scuba diver became the surprise catch of the day for a 13-year-old boy fishing in the Netherlands when his hook got caught in the man's lip.

"I heard a sound on my head and immediately I felt a jerk on my lip," Wim van Huffelen, who had been swimming in the North Sea, was quoted as saying by Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf.

The daily ran a picture of the diver with the hook embedded in his lower lip.

The diver had been swimming close to the shore near the southern Dutch town of Zierikzee. A doctor managed to free him from the hook.

Ouch :11:

And here is a pic of the 'catch of the day'. It was originally posted on the dutch diving board (www.duikforum.nl).

The story goes as follows. The spot were this happened is a very popular shore diving spot. Specifically in the spring months when there's a lot of catfish to be seen. We are talking even 10 to 20 people in the water on a rainy cold april day at 4 am in the morning. (if the tides warrant it). However apparently there's also some good fishing to be had there, and since this month this has been promoted in a fishing magazine... so more and more fishers are showing up. This is the result :11:

aan_de_haak_geslagen.jpg

Guess he got hungry. That does not sound pleasant at all. Funny though!

Next thing you know....everyone will be wearing hooks in their lips.

rollerboi:
So what kind of bait would it take to hook YOU?

I'd be taken in by a slice of pizza, I'm sure. :wink:

You'd have me if a pint a Gritty's hand pulled cask condition Best Bitter came floating by!

Back
Top Bottom