Dutch Springs isn't Wreck Valley

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VTernovski:
without long boat rides and no seasickness

I assume you're talking about the river :wink: I've been on Lake Ontario and Erie on some pretty snotty days that would rival anything NJ and NC can cook up. Although I've more nice days than bad. Lake Ontario is beautiful when it's as flat as a pool table. But as far as the river goes, awesome stuff - If it's running more than 1 foot of waves, it's because a freighter just went by :) Some of the easiest boat diving you can do. Nothing like spending 10 minutes on a small wreck and then letting the current take you for a ride for another 30 minutes of drift/bottle diving.

ScottyK:
These are pretty much mandatory drysuit dives, yes?

Nope. The St. Lawrence was 70 degrees F this past weekend (and that was unseasonably chilly). Only drops into the low to mid 60's by October.

-Frank

ScottyK:
...These are pretty much mandatory drysuit dives, yes?...
...That might be the motivation I need to finally pick up a pair of drysuits for Jen and myself...
Scott
scuba-punk:
Nope. The St. Lawrence was 70 degrees F this past weekend (and that was unseasonably chilly). Only drops into the low to mid 60's by October.
-Frank
Scott- Don't let this stop you. If you can, you should get set up before the season ends.
uhh... this way the season won't end. it's starting to feel a bit nippley out already. :)

XJae:
Scott- Don't let this stop you. If you can, you should get set up before the season ends.
uhh... this way the season won't end. it's starting to feel a bit nippley out already. :)

Hey Carl- I'm working on it buddy :wink: I think the only way we're getting drysuits before we buy the house is if I find some good deals on EBAY for used ones. I've been keeping a lookout with an eye on getting a pair, and then replacing them with new DUI TLS350 suits in a year or two.

They'll be worth it just to add a couple of months to the dive season. Especially for Jen.

scuba-punk:

-Frank

Thanks for the heads up on that Frank!

ScottyK:
Hey Carl- I'm working on it buddy :wink: I think the only way we're getting drysuits before we buy the house is if I find some good deals on EBAY for used ones. I've been keeping a lookout with an eye on getting a pair, and then replacing them with new DUI TLS350 suits in a year or two.

They'll be worth it just to add a couple of months to the dive season. Especially for Jen.
I hear ya, and you need two to boot. - a small fortune.
I'll keep an eye out for you. Actually, I might have something...
check your email.

VTernovski:
hey, I was inviting everyone to Canada. Both Lake Ontario and St,. Lawrence are one of my favorite places to dive. Guaranteed crazy *** historic wrecks without long boat rides and no seasickness. I am going to run a few more trips next year, be sure to sign up. I know it;s not exactly Wreck Valley, but... still fairly close to us and a **** load of wrecks... not to mention, very cost effective!
Has anyone dived the Empress of Ireland? I'm putting it on my list of things to do next season.
-Andrew

wheezl:
When my arm isn't busted I go out on the Jeanne II most weekends with an occasional trip on the Wreck Valley. Through a few odd turns I have never made it onto the Eagle's Nest. What other boats do folks like? When I am able to walk on all four legs again.. (probably November) I am definitely up for hitting someplace warm. Also up for meeting people at Dutch. I may be going to Dutch one more time this year if I can get a ride... though sadly I will not be in the water :)

...well unless I can get my wrist seal over these pins :wink:
A bunch of us are heading to Dutch on the 25th. Even Scott and Jen are coming out for their yearly trip there. And LeapDog is coming out for his yearly trip too.
http://wreckvalley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3137#3137

ScottyK:
Vadim- These are pretty much mandatory drysuit dives, yes?

I've always wanted to dive the Great Lakes. I understand that the cold, hypoxic fresh water preserves shipwrecks in incredible detail.That might be the motivation I need to finally pick up a pair of drysuits for Jen and myself. Keep us posted on those trips for next year.

Scott
Check out our Great Lakes Wrecking Crew for more info on Great Lakes diving.

I just came back from diving Brockville. Those temperature estimates are correct. If you are thinking drysuit diving, don't forget about Michigan's thumb and the Straits of Mackinac. The condition of those wrecks is superb as well. Kingston, ONT has some great wrecks, too.

Back
Top Bottom