Dutch this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Anyone going?

I'll be there on Saturday over on the student side with Elite Divers. I'm doing my checkout dives for my drysuit. We usually set up at the last set of picnic tables in that long row. I should be there at 8:30. Look for some punk kid wearing a camo boonie hat, thats me.
-Mark

Heading out there now. Feel free to give me a ring 201-486-4958. I'll probably be checking my weighting when I get there, I have a grey/black DUI FLX. Also look for a guy wearing a black CBGBs sweatshirt and camo hat.

Sorry for the late update, but something came up and I couldn't make it out there today. Maybe I can make it out there tomorrow, but it does look doubtful.

John

I had some family stuff crop up this weekend that kept me from diving. Was it fun?

Also, can one dive Dutch in late Oct / early Nov. in a 7mm wetsuit?

I did my last checkout dive at Dutch yesterday. The training side was jammed, I'm guessing because Saturday was a washout. The water was 61 deg (per my computer) and I was quite comfy in my 7mil FJ but you needed to have a coat and some warm water for the boots/back between dives. A high school girl in our group was complaining about being cold after our 2nd dive but she was the only one who said anything about any discomfort. Viz wasn't nearly as bad as I expected but not a good as the previous week. I was dissappointed to see that someone had decided to put some "graffitti" on The Wall by wiping through the silt and zebra muscles. Stupid and tasteless. Beyond that it was a great day.

It's a shame I missed. Hopefully, others will be going next weekend.

I should be out there next Saturday if anyone wants to go. Looks like the ocean is going to be shot so Dutch it is!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom