Dutch this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yikes, I don't have any of that stuff. :(

Well a thermos or 2 will work, one with mabye hot coffee and one with hot water. You only need a tarp if its raining to stay dry. Remember you want to stay DRY and WARM between dives.

I was out two weeks ago, Sunday. Air temp was 43, so the water was warmer. It was nice, unless you are Johnny and Ben... They were calling me all kinds of names, when I showed up with a sweatshirt and trunks on. :D

We were just about first in the water and dove the pump house. Excellent dive!

However, the wind picked up about 10am and was blowing like 40mph gusts. Had my bibs and boots on, and by the time I got back over for my second dive, my feet were really cold! I haven't found it necessary yet to haul the hot water along. I figured I'd have to do that in Nov. and Dec...:frosty:

Oh yeah....it's supposed to be 64 and sunny on Sunday! Any takers?? I'll be up anyway...

I really need to find a way to be sober on Friday or Saturday night. LOL

Forget the drinking if you want to go the DIR route... alcohol isn't a part of a DIR diet...

Bill, it's always a pleasure to dive with you... can't wait for the winter dives and FL again next year!

Carl, yeah... this blowing out stuff stinks... I hate to say it but I think the season is pretty much shot :(

Since the weather is looking less and less cooperative for this weekend, I'll talk to Ben and everybody about Dutch on Saturday... no promises though because this is like the third week in row we've blown out and I'm SICK of the quarry.

I will probably going out of Cape May next weekend (5 Nov). Cathy and I have a house in Avalon (former student house) and we may be driving out Friday to sleep over. The odds of this actually happening are slim (weather).

Unfortunately, Cindy and I will not be at DS for the New Years eve dive. We will be in the Florida Keys! Just cashed in all my frequent flyer points for a free week there.

If any WV'er want to dive with us it is never too late.

And I can not do Ben's dive either. I am still in the North Country of Wisconsin.

And, Next July, first week for three weeks, I will be in the Keys diving. Sign up now!

I really want to prepare to dive the Wilkes Barre. Just one time. Time is marching on too fast!

December at DS has not been dated yet. As soon as I get the date I will post it. Last year it was the second weekend.

Jonny_Rocket:
Forget the drinking if you want to go the DIR route... alcohol isn't a part of a DIR diet...

and I'm SICK of the quarry.
LOL, I def don't agree with a lot of the DIR stuff. Diving with a hangover sucks. From the sounds of my friends it doesn't sound like I'm going to make it to Dutch this weekend, and I too am sick of getting blown out. My last 4 trips got cancelled. All I have done is the quarry the last few weeks.

Jack, if you're going on Sunday, I'll drive me up there too. What time do you plan on getting there?

Is anyone gonna be there saturday? My new suit came in and I am sick of wearing it around the house................

Brenden

If I get my new doubles 100 ready, I'll try to do Sunday at DS. Can't do Saturdays cause of work. Anybody will be on Sunday?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom