DX-1G/2G and Grip-Stay S

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FritzCat66

Florida Reef Cat
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I currently use a Grip-Stay S with a single YS-01 for my old Pentax S5i in the factory housing (which I think was actually OEM'd by Sea & Sea).

In any case, I am seriously considering upgrading to a DX-1G (if I can find one for cheap) or DX-2G (if I can't). I notice most folks are selling the DX-2G in packages including the larger Sea-Arm 7/8 platform. Acknowledging that the larger arm might be ideal, nevertheless would the DX-1G/2G fit OK on my Grip-Stay S, or is the housing too large? In other words, do I need to upgrade my platform at the same time, or can I upgrade just my camera & housing first?

Just trying to keep my costs down...

HI-
The DX-1G and DX-2G housings are compatible with the Grip Stay-S tray and armset. As you mentioned, the SA7 and SA8 armsets offer more flexibility with strobe position and the addition of a second strobe, but the Grip Stay S will work.

Excellent news. I will consider upgrading the armset if/when I add a second strobe, but using my existing Grip-Stay S will help keep my costs down for now, letting me upgrade one thing at a time.

Thanks for the response! A major reason I am considering the DX-1G/2G is because of your excellent service here on ScubaBoard, and for availability of parts & supplies for your older gear.

Back
Top Bottom