DX-1G Filters??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sideways

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can filters, like the Ikelite Color Correction filters be used on the DX housing? If so, what size is the housing bayonet fitting? On the specs it says it's a bayonet fitting for the WA lens onto the housing, but I can't find the size anywhere in the specs.

Thank you..

Greg

Hi Greg-
There possibly may be filters that can be adapted to fit the DX-1G or 2G, however, with the SEA&SEA mode, custom and preset White balance controls and post-image processing in photoshop you should be able to achieve great results without an add-on. The 1G diameter (outside) of the bayonet mount is 59.5mm.

Thanks for the response :)

I've tried the sea and sea mode a bit. I haven't tried it in video mode, if you can, and thats kinda what I'm wanting a filter for. Originaly I was thinking a filter hor the bayonet fitting, but after thinking, Im now leaning towards the WA Lens. That will give me better flexability UW. I found something that might work as a push on filter for my WA lens :). If the Sea and Sea mode does work in vid, I'll compare the two for sure, too see if the filter is redundant. I'm just OK in post processsing, working on getting better. In vid mode, I have no clue at present how I would do that though....:D

Thanks again for the great support!

Regards,

Greg

Hi Greg-
The SEA&SEA mode is for still image capture only, so unfortunately, it is not available for video. A push on filter would be best for that situation. Good luck and post any updates and feedback!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom