DX-1G & YS-110a: Sea Arm VII or Grip Stay (Or something else)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djcheburashka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi. I just got a YS-110a for my DX-1G, and I'm trying to select a mounting system.

I looked at the sea arm VII, but it looks to be very large and have a lot of entanglement points.

I also have looked at the grip stay, but I'm not sure that it gets the flash far enough away from the lens to avoid backscatter, or that it will attach to the DX-1G, or be rotatable and adjustable enough to properly aim.

What do people reccomend? I'm new to underwater photography with a flash. I'm really looking for something simple, without a lot of entanglement points or dangly bits, but that will help me take good/better pictures.

Thanks very much.

HI-
Thanks for your inquiry. The Sea Arm VII set is a very suitable armset for your system and we sell this configuration quite a bit. The Sea Arm VII comes with multiple length arms, a tray and ball-joint attachments for a variety of strobe positions. The Grip stay S is a basic, smaller armset that allows less strobe articulation and positioning. You could also look at our Sea Arm Light set (#20503) that is a smaller version of the Sea Arm VII without interchangeable arms.
As far as entanglement points, with a compact system, typically the armset is closer to and bends around the housing in comparison to an SLR system. So, the Sea Arm VII would be no more exposed to entanglement than any other arm option on the market. Best of Luck and enjoy your system!

Yeah, i'm aware they'll all work, but I was really hoping to get some personal opinions and experiences from people who've tried them.

BTW - Can I PM you here to get that adapter thingy for attaching the fibre sync cable to the DX-1G case? Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom