DX-2G Close up Maco lens 125?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crowplus

New
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Enjoying my DX-2G (ten dives). Next dive will be my first using the "Close-UP Lens 125."

Regarding p. 183 in the manual where conversion lenses are discussed, I am unsure about what is the correct setting for this lens.

FYI, I am also using two YS-110α strobes. Thanks in advance for answers and advice.

I have the DX-1G and have the same close-up lens. I am not sure what the manual says but I would have the macro setting on. I am not sure what mode you use (point and shoot or manual) but in a point and shoot mode should take care of the rest of the camera settings. If you are in manual mode, then I would set my aperture at 5.7 or higher (in order to get a good depth of field) and adjust my shutter speed for the shot. You may need to use your telephoto lens to fill the frame with the subject depending on how small the critter is. If you need more light to get a good focus point I would turn on the YS-110a target light switch to illuminate your subject.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bill

Back
Top Bottom