DX-2G Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hammerhead man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Sea&Sea, I recently bought a used DX-2G that I used on my recent trip to the Great Barrier Reef. When I returned home from the trip, the camera malfunctioned. Every time I try to turn the damera on the lens opens and closes but won't turn on. I removed and reinserted the battery but the same thing happens (the last time it told me to remove the lens cap that was not on the camera). Although the camera is less than an year old, I understand that the warranty did not transfer when I bought the camera. Interestingly, this also happened when I bought a DX-1G several years ago; however, I bought that camera new and it was replaced by Sea&Sea with a refurbished unit that worked for several years before I sold it to get the DX-2G. I know that if I send the camera in to Sea&Sea they will replace it with a refurbished unit. My question is, can you tell me how much a refurbished unit costs? That information would be helpful in deciding whether to get a refurbished unit or get a Ricoh GX-200 as a replacement.

I have been a big fan of your cameras and have used them for over 8 years when I purchased a DX-3000G. I have been a big supporter on this site for your cameras; however, it is a little disconcerting that the last two cameras I have purchased have malfunctioned during the first year of use.

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom