E-PL1 in PT-EP01 with macro lense adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It wouldn't be my choice.
Check out the difference in sensor size in the picture below between the 1/1.7 used by the DX2G (bottom left) and the 4/3rds sensor used by the Oly Pen E-PL1.
That's a big difference and will allow a much better picture and way more flexibility in shooting.
Then add in the future growth potential of the E-PL1.

sensor_size.JPG

Thnx for the input

It wouldn't be my choice.
Check out the difference in sensor size in the picture below between the 1/1.7 used by the DX2G (bottom left) and the 4/3rds sensor used by the Oly Pen E-PL1.
That's a big difference and will allow a much better picture and way more flexibility in shooting.
Then add in the future growth potential of the E-PL1.

sensor_size.JPG

thks man, i always wondered, now i knows...

I chose the Olympus Pen ep1. The whole pkg came to around 2000 dollars. ys01 strobe,ultralight arm,macro lens,adaptor,hot shoe adaptor and zoom gear. Thnx for the info

To be clear the close-up lens "caddy" mounted on the tray grip with the close-up lens in place see photo, http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/at...1-olympus-e-pl1-u-w-photos-part-3-6021080.jpg does not vignette even with the widest lenses. The 67 mm close-up lens addapter which fits on the front of the port will vignette with the 14-42 zoom.

Regarding the 67 mm threaded ReefNet and Inon close-up lenses which are +5, +6.5 and +10 they will all work with the 14-42 zoom set at 42 mm.

Phill Rudin

When you say at 42mm, does that mean the camera has to be zoomed all the way in?

If so would that make it blurry?
Thnx

Hi Phill, I know you said "to be clear" but your statement confuses me a bit.
Why would a lens caddy vignette? It's just used to store a Inon UCL-165M67 or something similar. Did you mean the Inon UCL-165M67 doesn't vignette when attached to the housing in a fashion other than using the 67 mm close-up lens adapter? What other way is there?

To be clear the close-up lens "caddy" mounted on the tray grip with the close-up lens in place see photo, http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/at...1-olympus-e-pl1-u-w-photos-part-3-6021080.jpg does not vignette even with the widest lenses. The 67 mm close-up lens addapter which fits on the front of the port will vignette with the 14-42 zoom.
Phill Rudin

read it this way...

To be clear, the close-up lens - "caddy" mounted on the tray grip with the close-up lens in place (see photo... ) - does not vignette....

Deeper Thoughts,

The lens has a zoom range from 14 mm to 42 mm, "at 42 mm" means I had the lens zoomed to 42 mm the "long" end of the lens, which has the narrowest angle of view. This is the end of the lens most used for close-up/macro type shots. The lens is sharp throughout the entire zoom range as long as you properly focus it.

Under water,

Some equipment like external strobes, focus lights, the lens caddy and so on can be seen in the image when used with a very wide angle lens if not properly mounted to the housing. The lens caddy sits far enough behind the dome port that this does not happen. I hope this makes it clear for you.

Phil Rudin

Is there anybody has tried to use the macro with 9-18mm in this housing? will that vignette? and if it works, is that "wide macro" useful at all?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom