E-PL2 and LR 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm having a tough time downloading my raw (.orf) files in to LR2. Whenever I select files to be downloaded I get a "files not found" message in LR.

The LR 2.7 update specifies Oly E-PL1 but doesn't mention E-PL2 or later.... so, don't know.

LR3 does specify E-PL2.

The version of Adobe Camera RAW used by LR2 does not support the EPL2. The current version of ACR does support the EPL2, but LR3 is required to use that version.

However, if you want to continue with LR2 and not upgrade to LR3, you can modfiy the .orf files and change the camera name from EPL2 to EPL1. Then LR2 will read them just fine. There is a program called exiftool that can do this (there may be other ways also).

Hi Cardog
You can always convert your EPL2 .ORF files to .DNG (Digital Negative), LR2 will then recognise these files. There are no 'losses' in the conversion, actually the files are slightly smaller than the original ORF files. Here's a link to download the latest version from Adobe (free): Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Camera Raw 6.6 update
Once I download 6.6 does it automatically convert the files or do i need to do something else in LR2 ?

Once I download 6.6 does it automatically convert the files or do i need to do something else in LR2 ?

The Adobe DNG convertor simply converts the RAW files produced by any number of camera's, from the original camera manufacturers RAW file format (eg. Nikon NEF, Canon CR2, Olympus ORF etc..) into a universal Raw file format designed and supported by Adobe.
So to answer your question, yes it automatically converts your .orf files into .dng files that Lightroom will immediately recognise... nothing else to do!
Have a read of this Adobe webpage for a full explanation... it also links to the download page.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom