e-pl2/pt-ep03 strobe, tray/arm and other options for a budget newbie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't get the shading ring. But I did have some reflection issues with the 9-18 lens and the dome port. i have a nice picture of a whale shark with a halo around it that says m zuico etc. I was shooting into the sun at that point though as I was trying for a silhouette. I used a black felt pen to black out the silver letters on the front of the lens and that fixed it. Cheaper than the shade. It may reduce the resale value but I'm not too worried about that.

Yeah, I plan to take some pics while snorkeling around with my wife, so it seems like I might get into that situation and it'd irritate me to have it show up. I'm may be a bit too OCD to do the pen trick, though. *sigh*

Well, I ordered the gear! Okay, so I actually bought the ultralight tray and grip here locally. But then I found that none of the dive shops seem to carry Olympus gear and the biggest camera store doesn't carry any kind of dive-related gear. So I wound up ordering it from B&H. I was going to order from Reef Photo, but their site just kept annoying me (Hint to RP - there's no need to constantly keep emptying people's shopping carts after a few hours of inactivity. No one is going to come by and steal the items out of my digital cart. Sometimes people just like to get everything loaded up and think for a bit!)

I wound up getting the non-ultralight shoe mount (PTSA-02 Short Arm), the shading ring and zoom gear, an extra o-ring and grease.

Thanks again for all the help. Hopefully I'll have at least one decent picture to show the board after I get back. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom