E-PS2 lens removal with zoom ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dna77054

Registered
Reaction score
Here is my situation. I do not know if this is an issue or not. Please read and advise.

I had put together the camera, lens, and zoom ring and put it in the housing. All worked well. Thought it did take some effort to get the zoom ring on the lens. It fits pretty tight.

When taking it apart, I noticed I could not "close and lock" the lens with the zoom ring on it, so I had to remove the lens and zoom ring from the camera body without closing and locking the lens. I just pushed the release button and rotated the zoom ring until the whole assemble come off the camera. I then had to push the zoom ring off the lens while the lens was "open". Is this an issue? Could it cause damage? This is my first interchangeable lens camera, so i have no experience with interchangeable lenses nor feel for these operations. I tried to be as gentle as I could while accomplishing the goals.

Back
Top Bottom