Ear equalizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me,i always have that problem...so i have 2 choices when decending in CURRENTS...1) Comin' hot descent and painful clearing or 2) easy clearing with crazy descending to meet the grp. My ears is a problem...(just found out this method on the 20th dive)so i now normally equalise a few times above water and do the number 1 choice of descent but without pain.
There's this time i did the comin' hot method and blew afew blood vessels in my nose and was bleeding throughout the dive(of course with out my knowledge).

yea ive had problems with my ears...thats why i didnt my cerification when i was 13. i went diving on the 9th of this month and i could only go down to likw 16 feet...IT SUCKED! i was really mad. but stuff like that happens with my ears. even though i love it, diving has been really challenging for me.

i feel your pain

~Orca*Chick~

:butnhome:

FastAttack:
So you guys are aware ,

If you are in Florida.. and pretty much a lot of states are implementing regulation of sudafed and pretty soon it will be behind the counter only ( pharmacist will have to dispense it to you and probably will have to sign for it.. its still OTC though :) )
due the dam kids using it as a primary ingredient to make meth.

Not sure about making meth, but I do know people are just drinking bottles of the stuff to get a buzz. If only these people knew about diving. Theres better highs then drugs:shakehead

During my OW cert, and in two dives in Cabo thereafter, I had an amazing amount of trouble equalizing... I loved diving, but it honestly put a downer on things, adding to stress both under and out of the water.

How I ended up fixing the problem? An allergy doctor. Many people don't even think of this as a possible cause to equalization problems (I didn't, and never even mentioned diving to the doctor, I realized it worked after treatments)- a simple allergy injection weekly and some daily pills really did the trick. I never have any problems, and to this day, I swear by it :D.

As for the water in the ears, I do know that there are companies that sell over-the-counter eardrops that dry out your ears safely. Do no use isopropyl, as it can overdry them.

Back
Top Bottom