Ear problems - Dive doctor in Kuala Lumpur?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My last dive was 5 nights ago and I have had blocked ears ever since. Tried decongestants, ear drops but hasn't helped. Ears aren't sore, but bit worried. I had some problems equalising during the dive. I want to go to a doctor in Kuala Lumpur but would like to see someone who knows about diving problems so I don't get misdiagnosed. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the comment, have been to see an ENT in Kuala Lumpur who was very good, gave me antidecongestants,antibiotics, anti-somethingelses and nose spray. Apparently something to do with my middle ear, so off diving/swimming/flying for 2 weeks or until everythings cleared up....cheers

Hi, could you give me the name & number of the ENT. I went through the same situation. Had problems equalizing while diving. went down to 12m. but it's been a whole 24 hours now, and i can still feel a block in my ears.

Want to go to a doc asap.

Also, does anyone know of any doctors in the KL area who could check on passage way issues. I'd really like to get it checked out.

Plz email back at anne.m.f@gmail.com as I might not get your replies in time.

Thanks.

It's pretty normal to feel a little bit stuffy in the ears, especially after multiple dives. If there is no pain than it is probaly just a bit of air trapped in the middle ear due to expansion on ascent.
Next time, make sure the last part of your ascent 30-0 feet ) is slower and it may help.
My husband and I both get this. Mine takes 4-5 days to clear.
We have found a drop called Pramotic that helps make it feel better and prevents swimmer's ear. We both get a script for it before a dive trip and use it daily through the trip.
I've also using a nasal steroid for a week before and during the trip can be useful.
I'd love to visit with some of the doctors in a place like Kuala Lampur. Fascinating to be able to combine Eastern and Western medicine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom