Easiest Video Editing Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wreckchick

Scubavangelist
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have a very nice customer who has shot literally hundreds of hours of video and wants to put short clips up on youtube and is not very computer savvy. I'm looking for the absolutely easiest way for her to just cut down her video segments so there's not unnecessary leading and ending footage.

I know she's been shooting with an Olympus point and shoot in video mode and uses a PC vs. Mac but sadly that's all the information I have.

Freeware would be a bonus.

Any ideas?

Rachel

They'll be .avi files so the above will work. XP or Vista - either can be downloaded at Microsoft.com if she doesn't already have it on her computer.

Other easy to use options would be Adobe Premiere Elements or Pinnacle Studio 12. Both are under $75, try Amazon.com, Best Buy etc. Either one has built-in tutorials and puts easy to understand menus around all the functions. And both have options to save the finished clip in web based formats - Studio 12 even has an optimized for YouTube output format. http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSi...+Products/Home+Video/Studio+Family/Studio.htm

If she buys Studio12, she may as well get it from their website via download as there's no manual in the box anymore. It's $49 -$15 more with a backup CD sent later.

the absolute easiest i've ever used was muvee auto producer

1. select footage
2. select editing style
3. select music
4. click "make movie"

the results are actually pretty good... very intelligent software that edits to the beat/s of the music and strangely makes good shot decisions...

Jag

I've got Pinnacle and like it a lot. It's not 12 but I doubt that their format has changed much. It is very intuitive and easy to walk through. The instructions are bit weird but not that big ofa deal. I tried Adobe and it just wasn't for me.
For free movie maker would work.

Back
Top Bottom