Easily adjustable bungee length mechanism?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Make three loops of bungee then tie a knot. When you wear thick exposure pull out two loops. When you wear something thinner pull out three loops. It's quite a simple concept. I use this to allow me to vary between a drysuit and a swimsuit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1410183359.530279.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1410183359.530279.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 130
When I had my last bungee setup, I put those spring loaded mini cord lock in between the 2 holes right next to each other, so when I pulled end of the bungee, bungee would tighten but not release. I tried it on the loose bungee end and the loop end, so I can either pull the 2 bungee knotted ends or the looped end. Now that setup is owned by the baggage inspectors, I made another setup out of rubber pipe cap, and drill a smaller hole than the bungee diameter, now the hole itself holds the bungee in place no matter what position I pulled it into. Plus, then 1/8" bungee I got seems to be more stretchable, thus less likely to constrict bloodflow.

where do you get those? (though even from the pics I don't see how it works)

They used to be available from REI and like all this kind of stuff is made in China. I bought mine from REI, a package of 50 of them. All cord locks work the same way, there are two holes displaced by a spring. You press the spring to align the holes and put the cord through the two holes. When you release the spring the cord locks.

The special thing about the Bow Cord Locks is the spring is plastic and each cord lock can hold two cords. The advantage of cord locks is they can be precisely adjusted even under water.

---------- Post added September 8th, 2014 at 08:56 AM ----------

I use a fishman's knot (double fishman's knot) on everything that requires a knot.

Here's another photo of my compass mount with cordlocks

compass.jpg

Double Fisherman's Bend | How to tie a Double Fisherman's, or Grapevine, Bend | Climbing Knots
I use this knot to make my bungee regulator necklace, but don't understand how it's used to make a wrist mount. Can you post a photo?

They used to be available from REI and like all this kind of stuff is made in China. I bought mine from REI, a package of 50 of them. All cord locks work the same way, there are two holes displaced by a spring. You press the spring to align the holes and put the cord through the two holes. When you release the spring the cord locks.

The special thing about the Bow Cord Locks is the spring is plastic and each cord lock can hold two cords. The advantage of cord locks is they can be precisely adjusted even under water.

yeah, I know what a cord lock is, I've got plenty of the common metal spring style. Just never seen that style and a quick search didn't find me anything similar. I'll check REI next time I'm there, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom