East end of Grand Cayman.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, they finally razed the remains of the old Cayman Dive Lodge. The word on the local marl road (our version of the grapevine) is that rebuilding is in Planning. Such projects never go as fast as we would like.

And Mark... it was exceptional luck on your part. My diving East End was 4 and a half years of working for an East End dive shop. A few thousand dives as best I can figure, but my logbook was trashed by the hurricane. And we did reasonably often see reef sharks at The Maze, and rarely elsewhere. Never hammerheads, which are better known along the North Wall.

Drew Sailbum:
Well, they finally razed the remains of the old Cayman Dive Lodge. The word on the local marl road (our version of the grapevine) is that rebuilding is in Planning. Such projects never go as fast as we would like.

Thanks for the news on CDL. If or when they finally do rebuild, it will be like starting a completely new business. I did see plans last year for the new building and the beachfront units that will be sold and rented. It's going to be a very different place then the old one. Hope all goes well for them.

Drew Sailbum:

A couple people have told me that they are still planning to go forward with the rebuilding plan but that for a while it was hard to get approvals and crews out at East End. Also that Jim A. was thriving at running an appraisal business and hence in no grat hurry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom