Easter Island - Rapa Nui Video- Chile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pmalbec

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I checked it out in the Intova thread but what settings were you using as well as what red filter? Thanks.

Liked your editing!

Seemed really sparse for marine life. What's the diving attraction there?

Enjoyed the video. Got to visit beautiful Easter Island about five years ago but only got in one dive due to the weather.

Mike :
The biggest "marine life" was my fat brother, jajaja. There is a few marine life, not like tropics, but interesting, anyway

The best of Easter Island is the visibility.
When you are in the boat, you can see the, at the bottom, the sand and the rocks.... it is at 80 mts deep (260 ft.).
The little islands are called "Motus". They are verticals. You are diving at 30 mt deep (100 ft) and you can see at a distance of 50 mt. (160 ft).

The water temperature it is also another plus. 23°C-25°C (75°F).

I got 7 amazing dives. Rocks, Moais, caves, and a great night dive with full moon (and in a minute all of we turned the lights off).... AMAZING!!!

And the best..... The people, the history, the Moais, etc.
If you go there, go to the diving shop ORCA.

I would LOVE to dive on Easter Island, but I am hesitant to since the nearest chamber is 2300 miles away in Santiago which of course would require a 5 hr plane ride at 8000 ft pressure which would make things worse before they got better.

Is this a big risk, as long as I make sure to say with NDL limits as a recreational diver?

Back
Top Bottom