Easy to find junk bags...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

psiborg1812

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anybody know what would make a good junk collecting bag underwater? I'm thinking something bigger than an onion bag, with a ring to keep it open. Any ideas?

I used to use an old gym bag to collect sinkers, lures etc. A small piece of fake wood paneling in the bottom keeps the barbs from hanging up. I don't do the junk collecting anymore so now I use the bag to hold my weight belt & weight collection.

Edit: Sorry, I wasn't careful enough when I read your post. You said BIGGER than an onion bag....If you can find a vendor (like a feed store) that has burlap bags, that might work for you. What sort of junk will you be picking up?

Last edited:
I have an old mesh laundry bag I picked up for about 2 bucks at a discount sporting goods store. It's a good size and the holes are pretty small, so items won't fall out.

Also, if you're handy, you can pick up mesh fabric pretty cheap at a fabric store and either sew it into a bag or use iron-on seams. Weave a draw-string into the top and you're golden.

Why not a mesh goody bag? Liesurepro stocks them starting at $5. for $13 you get one with a hinged metal ring at the top that holds it open and latches closed.

D

I keep a lingerie laundry bag in the pocket of my BC. They're cheap, made of mesh, zip shut and can fold down to a very small size. They're perfect for when you're not hunting or collecting and you happen to find that large dungeness crab or old bottle that you want to take back with you.

If you're actually out hunting or collecting though I would bring a real collection bag.

Dollar store mesh bags......or lobster bag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom