Easy to use Quicktime Editing Software?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Guy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I need (want) to edit some Quicktime video. I've tried "Quicktime Pro" and found it wanting (to say the least). I don't use a Mac so IVideo is out.

What I want to be able to do is:

1. Edit scenes -- cut and combine;

2. Put in simple transitions and titles;

3. Add music; and

4. Basic color balancing (particularly changing the various levels ala Photoshop -- "telling" the software what is black, or white or gray for a particular scene).

Anyone have any particualar suggestions? (I've used Pinnacle Studio 8 for some time but it doesn't read Quicktime files.)

Peter Guy:
I need (want) to edit some Quicktime video. I've tried "Quicktime Pro" and found it wanting (to say the least). I don't use a Mac so IVideo is out.

What I want to be able to do is:

1. Edit scenes -- cut and combine;

2. Put in simple transitions and titles;

3. Add music; and

4. Basic color balancing (particularly changing the various levels ala Photoshop -- "telling" the software what is black, or white or gray for a particular scene).

Anyone have any particualar suggestions? (I've used Pinnacle Studio 8 for some time but it doesn't read Quicktime files.)
I use Ulead Studio. It does all the above and is faster than the POS Pinnacle.

I've just started into the "pro-sumer" level of software, did have the POS Pinnacle for a while but while the software itself was okay (a bit lacking) it seemed to interfere with EVERY SINGLE OTHER PIECE OF SOFTWARE EVER!!!! (I had to reformat my PC to get rid of the damn stuff).

I'm now using Sony Vegas 6 (B&H sell it for $300 with a $50 mail in rebate) which seems good so far, some nice colour balancing which is really good for underwater video and it does open QT files (at least I've opened .MOV files with it just fine).

I strongly recommend Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5.

2.0 is on the way.

Very easy editing, good performance even on PIII w/512M ram.. :)

What I like best is the preset effect and transitions you prepare and use later...

Rgrds,
Yener

JeffG:
I use Ulead Studio. It does all the above and is faster than the POS Pinnacle.

I agree with JeffG here the Ulead Studio is not hard to use and it has a lot of options and ways you can do things

Back
Top Bottom