Edge Jr Snorkeling Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shogan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok I've got a two part question. I'm trying to put my 50lb daughter in some reasonable decent gear that doesn't break the bank but will hold up to easy scuba (ow cert dive and shallow freshwater lake dive). Basically I'm trying to get a step above her cheap dept store snorkel set. Her fins are body glove the foot area is ok but the blades are cheap platic the fins have a striking resemblence of the edge cabo kids, her mask (us divers) fits her but the skirt material is made of a cheap plastic that is not supple like it should be.

1. Fins: I'm looking at the edge largo fullfoot fin (adulst size 3-5) she wears a girls 3.5 she's which is bigger than the kids 11-13. So best size I could figure was the adult 3-5.
A. Is that the correct size for her foot.
B. Is this fin going to be a good fit for a 50lb skinny girl with not much leg strength.
C. Should I even be considering fullfoot fins considering her at (9).

2. Mask I'm looking at the Edge Minnow (my other options were cresi subsky 2 kids mask and aKona wahoo jr). They are all priced similar.

I just bought one of your HOG regs and like it so much I'm wanting to give the edge gear a try. Feel free to pm me.

Last edited:
Ok I've got a two part question. I'm trying to put my 50lb daughter in some reasonable decent gear that doesn't break the bank but will hold up to easy scuba (ow cert dive and shallow freshwater lake dive). Basically I'm trying to get a step above her cheap dept store snorkel set. Her fins are body glove the foot area is ok but the blades are cheap platic the fins have a striking resemblence of the edge cabo kids, her mask (us divers) fits her but the skirt material is made of a cheap plastic that is not supple like it should be.

1. Fins: I'm looking at the edge largo fullfoot fin (adulst size 3-5) she wears a girls 3.5 she's which is bigger than the kids 11-13. So best size I could figure was the adult 3-5. hmmm, even a shallow lake gets cold, I would try and get her in open heel fins she could wear boots with. i'm not sure I have the right product however.
A. Is that the correct size for her foot. I "think" the adult 3-5 would be too big
B. Is this fin going to be a good fit for a 50lb skinny girl with not much leg strength. Is she over kicking her body glove fins?
C. Should I even be considering fullfoot fins considering her at (9). see above

2. Mask I'm looking at the Edge Minnow (my other options were cresi subsky 2 kids mask and aKona wahoo jr). They are all priced similar. It is a good quality mask, however fit is the most important issue.

I just bought one of your HOG regs and like it so much I'm wanting to give the edge gear a try. Feel free to pm me.

Thanks! my answers in red behind your questions.

best,

Chris

I am in the same position. My 9 y.o. daughter has started with bubblemakers and seal, now my 6 y.o. son is itching to "dive" aka go under the water with mask and fins to pick-up thinks off the bottom.

My daughter has the Cressi Lince Snorkel Package and the Palau XS Fins. They are a great fit and good quality. My Son has tried the mask on and it fits him well. So, I will assume any "Mid"/Medium size mask will do the trick of you stick to the higher end mfg.

So, I am considering the Cressi Lince, along with the Bare Duo Compact, Mares Kona Mid, Mares X-Vision Liquid Skin Mid, and the Cressi Perla & Ondina. Most have matching fins of dive quality.

For others looking at the Cresi Lince/Palau
Daughter:
9 y.o.
52"
65 lb
THIN
Size 3-1/2 feet

Son:
6 y.o.
47"
55 lb
THIN w/Thick upper body