Edit or add to shearwater dive log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uhm..you do realise that the cloud solution will have local storage..it uses the cloud to sync between devices..you still store a copy on your local device

the advantage is that I can now sync my dive to my phone directly after a dive, add meta data etc..once I am home it all is synced to my mac already..

We're all in that same boat. It seems their software guys are good with the Perdix, but not quite so good in the PC/MAC arena. I just have a FEW dives I want to either add or import. Just can't do it. They want us to use the cloud, but you can't add or import there either. I'm too old for this cr@p!

Cheers - M²
Can dives from Shearwater be exported?

Everyone, I figured out a way to add logs to Shearwater Cloud. It has an option to import UDDF logs. I went into Subsufrace, added a log entry. Exported JUST that log entry (in UDDF format) and imported into Shearwater Cloud. Imported perfectly.

Just keep in mind when importing you have the ability to overwrite your existing logs, so make sure your logs are numbered correctly in Subsurface when you export them.

It's a little bit of a hack, but there were a few logs, with my son, that I wanted to have memories of and Shearwater Cloud is my primary "log."

A few quick screenshots...

Export:
1669259500856.png

Import:
1669259645132.png

1669259687774.png

Voila! Just need to add some of the details....
1669260115364.png

:cool:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom