Effects of untreated sewage on the Mesoamerican Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henry - with all due respect - let's tell the truth. I read that entire thread (did not post in it).

Actually you did post in it. I received the notification. You may have deleted it, but you most certainly responded.

You were not banned because you provided this information, or because she (or others) are in denial as you ASSume. She banned you and Kevin (OKCdiver) because you were both incredibly abusive and insulting.

I was not abusive and insulting at all. I provided facts at each denial she had and she didn't take kindly to that. This was our third or forth go around on the same topic and she continual remains in denial. I am not assuming anything, Paula and I have discussed this in private messaging.

If you were to speak to people on ScubaBoard the way you spoke to her I imagine the same thing would happen here.

I've posted here near verbatim what I posted in Cozumel My Cozumel. Instead of several posted to refute denials, I combined it into one post for ease of reading. I'd encourage you to post screen shots of the posts you feel I was out of line.

Both you and Kevin have been like dogs with bones on this topic insulting others, making assumptions about individual resident's ecological practices, being condescending and name calling.

I was not picking bones. If someone is going to deny the obvious facts I'm going to call them out on it. I was not assuming anything about Paula's ecological practices. I've been to her home, I've sat and chatted with her about her lifestyle living in the south of Cozumel off the city water and sewage system. I've considered buying a large plot of land out there myself so I've done my research about the area. As you put it, don't assume you know other people's business. It goes both directions.

Go ahead and attack me now too - but I read every post by you, Paula and Kevin and others and you and Kevin both were way out of line.

Again, I'd encourage you to post screen shots of the posts you feel I was out of line. I've been banned so obviously I can't go back and edit or delete anything.

Actually you did post in it. I received the notification. You may have deleted it, but you most certainly responded.

I was not abusive and insulting at all. I provided facts at each denial she had and she didn't take kindly to that. This was our third or forth go around on the same topic and she continual remains in denial. I am not assuming anything, Paula and I have discussed this in private messaging.

I've posted here near verbatim what I posted in Cozumel My Cozumel. Instead of several posted to refute denials, I combined it into one post for ease of reading. I'd encourage you to post screen shots of the posts you feel I was out of line.

I was not picking bones. If someone is going to deny the obvious facts I'm going to call them out on it. I was not assuming anything about Paula's ecological practices. I've been to her home, I've sat and chatted with her about her lifestyle living in the south of Cozumel off the city water and sewage system. I've considered buying a large plot of land out there myself so I've done my research about the area. As you put it, don't assume you know other people's business. It goes both directions.

Again, I'd encourage you to post screen shots of the posts you feel I was out of line. I've been banned so obviously I can't go back and edit or delete anything.
No, I "liked" something

Your's and Kevin's posts are gone so I can't - when you two were banned, your posts disappeared

No, I "liked" something

Which included you quoting me in your reply.

Your's and Kevin's posts are gone so I can't - when you two were banned, your posts disappeared

Too bad. Gotta cover up those pesky facts which always seem to get in the way.

And then she (the owner of the site) posted this:
upload_2019-12-24_12-50-11.png

Which included you quoting me in your reply.

Too bad. Gotta cover up those pesky facts which always seem to get in the way.
When you're banned, your posts automatically go away and whatever Henry - I'm not the moderator of that site and had nothing to do with your posts being removed and I'm not going to argue with you - In the short time you've been here, you are always "right"

And then she (the owner of the site) posted this:
View attachment 557279

Right. So she's in denial about her 15 year old septic system being a source of excess nutrients. We've provided her with proof that her septic system is inadequate. Proof that her septic system leaches wastewater into the surrounding area. Proof that the surrounding geology is not designed for her septic system. Proof that the result is wastewater reaching the open water table in the cenotes. Proof that our watershed is near toxic levels of human-derived waste.

Her response was label me a bully, call scientific research BS, and delete the factual data. Same as the last 3-4 times we've had this discussion.

Sure, its her platform and she has every right to do it. But that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

I'm not the moderator of that site and had nothing to do with your posts being removed and I'm not going to argue with you

Who said you were a moderator and responsible for the deletion? No one. Let's not intentionally confuse the topic.

In the short time you've been here, you are always "right"

I remain quiet and on the sidelines until something comes up that I understand and can provide my input on. So yeah, when I speak, I do feel I'm right, especially when I'm backed up by repeated scientific studies and obvious evidence.

Like Chief, I missed all of the hub bub, but seriously agree that something has to be done about the sewage situation down south. But to expect a singly person to install a sanitary sewage treatment system is pretty well unrealistic. I am sure that the Island politicos, could, or should, do so just like they did up north for most of the town with a real sewer system (I presume it does work properly).

Of course that would take lots of pressure by us, and a lot of money from Mexico City. Then there is the cost to connect it which may be prohibitive for individual homes. But at least put one in to handle the big resorts and any communities like Residencia Reef—and make them pay for it if necessary.

Bottom line—a few septic tanks may be left but the vast majority of the filth flowing onto our reefs can be fixed easily. Don't sacrifice good while holding out for the perfect.

Dave Dillehay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom