Egypt...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're based in the UK, I would recommend a liveaboard in Southern Egypt. I believe there are flights going to Marsa Alam directly now?

There are loads of trips departing from Marsa and the advantage of a liveaboard is that you'll be able to hit the sites that are out of reach of the dayboats. St Johns, Fury Shoals and Zabargad are all spectacular for marine life and they're not as crowded as the northern sites around Sharm.

Regal Dives, Tony Backhurst and Crusaders are all companies that do all-inclusive packages for the Red Sea.

I haven't had any personal experience with hotels in the area, but I just came back from a weekend of diving. One day was on the reefs near Tiran... nice diving, a little hazy. The next day was at the Thistlegorm... and I was starting to get a headcold. :(

The Red Sea is pretty awesome. I'd recommend Seamax or Dive Africa if you're going to get a hotel (and there are plenty of hotels to choose from.)

-Lawrence

I personally have always dived with Emperor Divers & had absolutely no problems with them.
The length of the dive is dependant on the scedule for the day & how long your air lasts although it's normally 1 hour. I've only had 1 or 2 occasions where the length of the dive was less than 1 hour due to jetty times & other variables that couldn't be controlled.
As for hotels, the Hilton Dreams is quite nice, other than that I've always opted for the cheaper ones.
Congrats & enjoy the trip :05:

Back
Top Bottom