Egypt...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubblemonkey

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i am sure this prolly been asked 1000000 times but me and the Mrs are getting married next year and wanna spend our honeymoon diving in egypt. we have a few brochers and the diving is cheaper than exspected but we cant seem to find out when is the best season, we have heard it "year round" but in my experiance this usually means we pick the one week of the year with 3 metre viz.

also if anyone can recomend a nice Hotel.

cheers

Monkey :D

congratulations first of all.
I've been to the Red Sea several times, winter and summer (going there in 4 days).
My personal experience: in Summer a lot more fish. The weather is HOT. reeeeeeaaaally hot. But as long as you stay on the boat during the day, no big problem.
Nice hotel??? I'm not the right person to ask .... I can address you to the cheapest one, but definitely not recommended for a honey moon.
WHy don't you choose a liveaboard?

ciao

Emperor divers have got some really, really nice liveaboards... :)

never even considered a live aboard, fantastic idea.

funny emperor divers was the company we were thinking of going with.

we are a bit scared of going with the big companys and it ending up being a 45 min dive full stop. we prefer the mellower outlook I.E when you reach an hour or 40 bar its time to come up style.

If your looking for a nice quiet place, i'd recommend Taba heights (the hyatt regency to be precise, it's amazing and still relativly cheap), there isn't much to do at nights, so if you don't like that it can be a pain, but the divings great and theres some good diving 10 minutes down the road.

I have moved this thread to the Middle East section where you can find quite a few answers to your question.
Mania
Egypt is great!!!!!

bubblemonkey:
never even considered a live aboard, fantastic idea.

funny emperor divers was the company we were thinking of going with.

we are a bit scared of going with the big companys and it ending up being a 45 min dive full stop. we prefer the mellower outlook I.E when you reach an hour or 40 bar its time to come up style.

First congratulations and wish you the best

Second There are some diving centers that I recommend I will mention them in order and I will repeat this is only my opinion (Red Sea college, camel dive club, emperor divers, Sinai divers). you dive with a diving center you will dive with there rules.

If you need something private guide. contact me

Gongratulations!

I agree with Rob from Italy - summer is the best season for diving the northern Red Sea. Yes, it is hot during the day. But it is a dry desert heat and not a humid tropical heat - a major difference.

You didn't mention your experience level, but if you have a few dives under your belt, one of the best options in Egypt is a liveaboard to Brother Islands which is truly world class diving with stunning soft coral, lots of fish and the chance to see a lot of big fish including several shark spieces. In this area you don't have the same problem as in e.g. Sudan or the southernmost parts of Egypt with extreme water temperatures during the summer that makes the sharks go deeper.

Nottingham you say. I met Brian Clough (RIP) 20 years ago. Colourful man.

All the best

/c

yea i agreed with you all. bubble if you like the accommodation safari-style.
deep south diving camp eco lodge is one of yr choices. its located 14km south of marsa alam. discounted rates for 7 nights 5 days diving can be found below link

Back
Top Bottom