El Cantil - Shore Diving - March/April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be heading to Cozumel end of March for a week with 9 of us. I've read what I can on hear about shore diving, pros/cons...ect. One of my buddies is pretty intent on doing it and I'm for anything.

We will be staying at El Cantil condos. Can anyone comment on this.
Do they have a dive center on site where we can get tanks? Prices? Nitrox?
Can we shore dive right there in from of the Condos, or is there a better place to head too?

Any other info on El Cantil is welcomed as well. This will be our first trip to Coz and Mexico. We're also newbs at diving:wink:
I've stayed at El Cantil numerous times and always enjoyed it. The area to the north was once a dolphin pen that was damaged during Hurricane Wilma. Now it is a magnet for many species of fish and is fun to snorkel or dive. I too have seen seahorses in the area. Be sure to sit on your balcony and view the water - I've seen a few eagle rays cruising by as well as dolphins a little way off shore where there seems to be a "break" in the wave action. There were also 2 good size Porcupine fish right next to the shore that I watched for a few days. Never know what you'll see.

Another tidbit that we found out. When using taxis try to depart and arrive at Chedraui (store across the street) as it is a cheaper price than departing or arriving at El Cantil. El Cantil is considered part of the southern sites and the price is more.

Back
Top Bottom