El Galleon/Manila Reservations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deposit went through without a problem and have heard from the resort so all is good. Thanks for the reassurance that this would all work out. Relieved that I didn't send money out into the blue. Now the countdown begins... Manila sightseeing planning, Corregidor Island tours, looking into Hash House running- June 12th can't get here soon enough!

My wife and I are getting everything finalized for the trip. We're only familiar with Caribbean diving- do we need to bring any biodegradable sunblock or anything for noseeums? We're already planning on plenty of insect repellent and water-resistant sunblock. Should we bring anything else to make our stay easier, like voltage adapters?

If you plug your US standard electrical applicances in Philippine unless it is labelled 110v otherwise.....

Enjoy your trip, relax and have fun. Stay cool, it will be hot & humid. There is mucho traffic in Manila.
I always put my insect repellant on (Sawyers with DEET), in the morning and at dusk.

You are staying at a nice resort, nice bar (point bar), good restaurant. Try and get over to Verde Island for a dive. Just ask your dive shop. It is a must do.
Take a walk over to Big LaLaguna and check out the beach (sand), and maybe have lunch & drinks (beer or their mango shakes are good) at Cataquis on the beach.
Tip: the people at Cataquis will watch your stuff if you want to take a swim.

Enjoy the trip - you are staying at a great place!

If you have not been diving in the area before, pick up a marine life ID book, you will be blown away by the number of new critters you will find - especially nudis and other inverts.

If you plug your US standard electrical applicances in Philippine unless it is labelled 110v otherwise.....

just to clarify the above, I think Centrals means DO NOT PLUG your US applicance into an outlet here in PH. Voltage here is 220V. However power supplies of most battery chargers and laptops are dual voltage inputs meaning 110-220 inputs are ok. Also pack a travel adapter from standard 3 prong into 2 prong as most outlets here are only 2 prong

Back
Top Bottom