elec eng/diving career info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chaco6053

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
does anybody have info or recomendations on diving careers that involve electrical engineering? I would like to find out what are the career possibilities for a person that has an elec engineering degree but would like to get in a career that also involves diving. thankyou!

Cochran consulting uses EEs in their IP division. They are the parent company of Cochran Undersea Tech. Cochran Consulting - Intellectual Property Division

Seiko seems to be the designer for a lot of dive computers. You might try them.

Juergensen Marine also designs dive electronics.

Honestly your best bet is to get a good job and use the $ to finance your dive habit.

They are still hiring here at Panama City, they love EE's and you just might be able to talk them into sending you to the Dive school here.

HomePage

Any form of renewable energy involving the ocean could probably get you some dives to do tests and look at possible problems.

Engineer divers are in demand but I'd advise taking a bridge inpection course. Shop around for dive school too, including equipment, you do not always need what they sell you.

The ROV field should welcome you, why bother with deco and getting cold.

The only engineers used underwater, including in the Navy, are Civil Engineers.

If you are, or are dead set on Electrical Engineering look into Remotely Operated Vehicles, hyperbarric system design/manufacturing or oceanography related instrument companies.

Oceaneering International Oceaneering appears to hire a lot of EE's but not for diving work.

Back
Top Bottom