Eleuthera--??hot dive spots/dive shop? and......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yo Ray!!!
Thanks and I will........I stumbled across this great little place to stay----a house that is on 14 acres near Governor's Harbour and just perfect for two people. I like my room and space and distance from the crowd. It has its own private beach and kayak's come with the place. I will give you a report because it might be just the place that you and your wife would love. The place also has a caretaker that will help with whatever is needed and pick you up at the airport, get the car rented for you if that is your wish and just be around to offer assistance. They suggested that there it fun diving just from the kayaks that are close....so thinking about renting some tanks and doing that also....... The house that has a 360 view and wrap around deck sounds and looks from the pictures to be awesome.....just 25 feet or so from the ocean. It is on the Atlantic side.....Sounds too good to be true...we will see......It is incredibly reasonable on the off season.....for 9-10 days about 1400-1500 and if you want to bring along a couple of others there is a loft for them....minimal charges for extra people other than the two of you. If it turns out to be a hotty, I will definitely share the info and my contacts there. I am so excited about this that MY head is spinning also......maybe that is what naturally happens to people from our generation.....LOL......bring it on!!!

Anyway, just one last thing.....your ee cummings quote is perfect for us all....thanks for sharing that.

Until later
AJ

AJ,

Can't wait to hear of your trip and the house when you get back. Yep, that place you described sounds like exactly what we're looking for, especially on the Atlantic side. A little windy, but much more remote.

You mentioned Governor's Harbor and that keyed another memory, none of which I can type here. Man, I gotta get back to that island with my wife and friends.

Keep us posted!

Ray

Will do Erwin (edpdiver)
Hopefully Eleuthera will unfold to be a wonderful place. Quite accidentally, I ran into a fine art colleague of mine last week and over the course of catching up, I told him of my impending trip. OMG...unknowningly he and his wife have visited Eleuthera over fifteen or so years. He is not a diver,but gave me some very very helpful and insightful information about the island. From my past experience of visiting remote islands, it is always par that if you get into the basic thread of the island and find those key people, they will guide you and inform you as to the reputation of almost everyone.....islands are small. The nice thing about Eleuthera in my thoughts is that the island has not be spoiled by the huge cruise ships it seems.....the coral reef barrier around the island makes it not profitable for the cruise business as things are not as accessable from the ship. So I am hoping that transfers to a better quality reef situation......but of course it gets ravaged by hurricanes......so we will see......I will most definitely stay in touch.
Thanks for your kind welcome....

Wishing you Clear waters and Bright skies
AJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom