Email notifications - How do you switch them off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would be nice if there was a way to temporarily turn off notifications globally, turning them off on each thread is a pain if you've got a lot of subscribed threads. It's something one might want to do while you're away diving for weeks so your mailbox doesn't get filled. :)

Whatever you do don't enter an invalid email address thinking this will stop the notifications and you can change it back when you return. I tried this (after asking but no one replied) and it apparently asked for a confirmation, but to the new (bad) address so I didn't get it. Then since I didn't confirm my account was disabled. Once my account was disabled I couldn't do anything to fix, couldn't even PM someone, took weeks of emails to get someones attention to get fixed.

Agree, it would be useful to have this as part of the subscriber profile, where you can select yes or no..

Can a moderator have a look at this for future ref..sorry not meaning to be a pushy newbie :wink:

you can change 15 at a time. It'd only be a few pages to get all the active ones.

If you aren't online; it's only going to send one per thread; since you've not logged in; so even then it's not like it's going to fill up your mailbox while you're gone.

zilch. Select yes or no on what?

As far as I could tell if you ask for notifications daily or weekly or whatever that's when you get them, has nothing to do with if you're logged in. Part of the point of notifications is to notify you of something if you're not logged in, no? All I know is I was getting sufficient mail from it that it was a pain and an easy global override setting would be a nice feature. (Not that it matters to me anymore, I've just tediously turned most of them off.)

zilch - at the time you subscribe to a thread you can select from the drop down what type of notification, or none. The default for that dropdown can be set in your CP. This doesn't affect anything you've already subscribed to, for that you have to go into subscriptions and change them all 15 at a time as Spectre said.

Spectre:
zilch. Select yes or no on what?

Jeff, as per Damselfishes note,it would be good if you could have a global turn off in regard to email notification yes or no type selection on say my personal profile. Know its not easy to change something, just putting forward an idea

Cheers

Jim

As lways we will submit the idea to the software vendor and hopefully it will show up in a future version.

Back
Top Bottom