Emerald Sink Step Project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karstdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The planned weekend for building the steps for Emerald sink is August 26 and 27th. This represents one of the final steps for completing the opening of this system. Volunteers for this project would be greatfully appreciated.
Kelly Jessop,Emerald Sink Advisory Panel
Leadership Director NSS-CDS

Kelly:

Thank you for posting this information.

This project began in February, 2004 and it is great to see it nearing completion. The idea behind the project was that cave divers from different agencies and diverse backgrounds could work together to achieve a common goal. We have been successful in that effort.

A good turnout by the general cave diving community will give a clear indication to Wakulla Park Management that we wish to be involved and that our participation in this and future projects is worthwhile. This will be invaluable in the ongoing effort to obtain future access to other now-closed cave sites in the Tallahassee area.

I encourage all available to participate in one of the two work weekends required to complete the steps and platform at Emerald Sink.

Much of the credit goes to Vince Ferris and Linda Jones who have spent long hours in engineering and designing the Emerald steps and platform.

Thank you,

Johnny Richards

I'll see if I can get my slave driver of a SCUBA instructor to let us come down there and work on the steps a while. God knows I'd live to have Emerald open as it's just 25 minutes from my house.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom