Emergency at Old Garden Beach Today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick2

Reaction score
I was at Old Garden Beach today, did 2 dives to about 35' that lasted about 50-55 minutes each. Nice assortment of finned creatures about and some bugs for the taking as well. Vis was in the 12-15' range and temps averaged about 50 degrees.
The turnout of divers was impressive indeed, must have been at least 50-60 people suited up and the "carpet" of dive flags dotting the seas surface was very cool to see.
As I was leaving, sirens started sounding-police, ambulance, emts, harbor master even arrived on the scene. I have no idea what the situation was and was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of the goings on. It was around 2:30 this afternoon.

* A lifeguard helped a diver having trouble off Old Garden Beach Friday at 4:18 p.m. Cam Frithsen swam about 200 yards offshore to assist the man and brought him back to shore.

time is a little off

oops. that was Friday

Cam is earning his paycheck.

ROCKPORT - Police were notified Sunday afternoon of a diver in distress at Old Garden Beach. According to Harbormaster Rosemary Lesch, the lifeguard on duty, Cameron Frithsen, pulled the unidentified 43-year-old man to shallow water. From there, the man, who was diving with a group, was transported by ambulance to Addison Gilbert Hospital in Gloucester. The man, who is not a resident of Rockport, was released after treatment.

Interesting the fact he was not a Rockport resident made the article.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom