Emergency Flotation Device

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NW Dive Dawg

SDI / TDS Solo Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Ok... so you know I have to really be getting bored and punchy from two years of COVID to post something like this...

Part of my Armageddon, apocalypse prepper plan includes a healthy stash of vino....and believe it or not I actually really like the Kirkland Cab box wine. Comes in a 3LTR box and is really not bad... You should try it.. Has a dry, oakey finish without a lot of tannins and I'd say its a step up from 2 Buck Chuck (which is now $3 bucks).

After finishing a box a few days ago I decided to open up the box to check out the bladder and delivery valve system. Quite a robust system. Once emptied, you can hold the valve open and refill it with any liquid you want....or inflate it. By adding a few drops of bleach to the water, you can shake it up to basically sterilize it and then rinse the insides well to remove any of the chlorine.

So then I was curious as to how tough this thing was so I fully inflated it, placed it on the floor and while steadying myself with the counter stood on it with both feet and all of my weight to see if I could pop it. (I weigh 250lbs). I expected a nice big "pop" but it didn't affect it at all. Then I left it inflated for 2 days and it has not leaked one bit of pressure. Then I deflated it and rolled it up to a compact size and secured with a rubber band..

Now I don't have any idea of where all this is going but I'm going to keep a few of these on the boat and in my truck..... and also I now keep a couple of these in my BC pockets..... mainly just because I had some extra room and.....who knows!

Ans yes..... I am bored....and maybe a little nuts. Just thought this post might provide a little "lightness" during all this "heaviness".
BRPT6LT.jpg

a5D3aw0.jpg

C5A7Rgm.jpg

If you have a food saver and seal two together, you could make a pair of wings. Oral inflate for redundancy.

Kirkland is generally very good brands. There was a guy who worked at my Costco and the NH liquor store. The liquor is all top shelf brands, so presumably the wine is pretty good too.

I really want to fill one up at 5-10m and hear it pop on the surface.
Other than that, looks like a great side project, people here usually use camelbacks for their homemade sidemout setups.

About the right size for a Stage BCD ...

ETA: I wish Costco had a liquor licenses here in PA.
I'm in Philly and go to the Mt. Laurel one. They also have fuel, best prices for diesel and gas. I don't think you need to be a member for the fuel actually. Also, if you don't know Scubadelphia is having a flea market today, Sunday the 20th.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom