Employment - Costa Rica/Central America

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kechco

Reaction score
I am looking for employment with a dive company, shop, etc. in Costa Rica or Central America. I carry a US passport. I am a PADI instructor and recently completed CHT (certified hyperbaric tech.) training, prior to leaving I will have completed EMT and DMT certification. Any help as to who I need to contact would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Kechco,
Not sure about Costa Rica, but in many other place around the world there is always high demand for instructors. I travel almost every year for few months, just diving in different places around the world, and in almost every place I get to I'm getting a job offer as an instructor. I've tried once (on my first long trip) to get a job set up, but found it to be very difficult to do. I emailed a bunch of operators, but couldn't get any guarantees. Most places want to meet the instructors before hiring them. So my advice to you is, to try and email few places, and if you don't get a positive response, don't be discouraged and try to head down there, and chances are you'll be able to get a job with one of the operators. I've lived in Eilat (Red Sea) for 20 years, and we had so many instructors come and go, I can't remember a time that an instructor couldn't get a job with one of the dive operators.
You are also a PADI instructor; it'll be much easier for you to find something. Most dive shops around the world are PADI. One last thing is, Costa Rica is so inexpensive that even if something does not come up right away, you can afford to spend a week or two looking.
Good luck,

Pinny
http://worlddivingzone.com

Hello kechco,

You could try this ...

Goto ScubaDirectory.com and do a search for Costa Rica (28 results found) or Central America (another 8 matches) and look for places you would like to work and email them and ask them if they are hiring.

I also did a search at ScubaSearch.com for Costa Rica (20 matches) and Central America (another 42 matches)...

That way you can get a chance to check out alittle bit about them from their website where possible.

=-)

Have you tried the PADI website? Do a search for dive operators whom are recognized through PADI, and begin to contact the shops via e-mail, snail mail etc with not only an attached resume but maybe even some letters and pictures from happy students. It certainly can't hurt! :cool:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom