EMT shears that do not rust (very much)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These are the best that I have found. Not the cheapest or most expensive. I carry them daily, in and out of the water. I have contacted the web site to see if they could source a retention sheath for diving. They thought it was a good idea, but I haven't seen one yet. They have full size and compact size.

CountyComm - Compact Trauma Shears

CountyComm - EMT Shears

I just tie about a 2" loop of bungie cord through the big handle, and just loop it over an old mini-maglite sheath while on my harness. Haven't lost it yet.

Thanks everyone a lot of good suggestions. I had a pair fail recently at the rivet which was really not ideal for a piece of gear that has to work when the need arises.

I have contacted the web site to see if they could source a retention sheath for diving. They thought it was a good idea, but I haven't seen one yet.

Mako makes one and so does VDH.

Thanks everyone a lot of good suggestions. I had a pair fail recently at the rivet which was really not ideal for a piece of gear that has to work when the need arises.

If you REALLY want them to last, why not grind out the crappy rivet and replace it with a better one?

Drill it out and replace with a stainless steel or aluminum rivet?

---------- Post added May 10th, 2015 at 08:53 AM ----------

If you REALLY want them to last, why not grind out the crappy rivet and replace it with a better one?

Beat me to it. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom