Closed End of year order (EOYO)

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
There are a few items from this current order that are on backorder. As such another parcel will be sent to me, trying to cover that parcels shipping cost.

If anyone wants anything please DM
and title it EOYO.

SP put all prices up October 1st. You've been warned, by how much I'm not sure but I know for example the C370 went up 22%. Kits I'm unsure.

This will be last order for 2022. Next year is anyone's guess. I'm stuck and need to move, times a ticking. Tick tock...

Anyway, offers there. You know the drill.

Cheers
Simon

Is there an explanation somewhere of for these group buy posts?
I keep finding them and am always confused by the vague language like "next parcel coming in soon" and "if anyone wants anything dm".
What exactly is being sold and what is the point of the group buy?

I keep finding them and am always confused by the vague language like "next parcel coming in soon" and "if anyone wants anything dm".
To get reg parts your local LDS won't sell you?

Because you're just not sharp enough to fix your own kit.

Unh-hunh. Riiiiiiight ....

OMMOHY

Info is everywhere but I get not everyone lives on SB. Read the first post here, it'll give you a reasonable idea. Feel free to DM if you need more info. I try to keep a low profile 😂

It's not vague intentionally, it's aimed at those who have placed orders. I make general updates to those concerned in my threads as it takes too long to DM everyone individually.

That's a fair question. Buddhasummer is a Scubaboard hero of ours who goes above and beyond to supply us with parts. His group posts and supply have become somewhat of a ritual on SB and involve a group of DIY techs that restore regs.

However, it used to work flawlessly until one or two members did not come through with payment on a recent order. For a private individual like Buddhasummer (as opposed to a shop) that is quite a blow, so these posts are kind of directed to friends and trustworthy people. The recent threads are there, so it is all transparent.

Info is everywhere but I get not everyone lives on SB. Read the first post here, it'll give you a reasonable idea. Feel free to DM if you need more info. I try to keep a low profile 😂
Okay makes sense, I'm probably not the target audience.
I would consider that post you linked to also be pretty vague lol
Like for a group buy normally I would expect some info like "I live in X region and have industry connections where I make large orders directly from X manufacturers every X months and ship those order overseas so the avg cost tends to be X percent lower, available parts/kits can be searched for at this link X".

Yup, you are right. For someone jumping in now, this thread is confusing, but no one else dared to ask. :) There probably is some post like you propose, maybe a few years back, but that does not help.

Actually, some of us recommended he should post this with the note "only for friends / previous buyers", but Buddhasummer is too nice for that and went the middle road, meaning he'll still consider unknown parties while keeping the text "low profile"...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom