English Speaking dive shop in Japan willing to ship an Item to the US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYCDVR

Reaction score
Does anyone know an English speaking dive shop in Japan willing to ship Scubapro items to the US?

In japan there are several newer smaller versions of the scubapro extender available

Specifically the V3 Extender CAB it is about half the size of the current model here

I wish I could find one. I've wanted gull mew fins forever!!

You will probably find what you need by simply sending an e-mail in English to a Japanese dive shop. While most Japanese have difficulty speaking English, most are somewhat capable of reading and writing English because the English language is drilled into everyone there starting in middle school. Thus, the average Japanese person is reasonably literate in written English (albeit simple English). Of course, if that doesn't work for you, you can always just ask for a favour from an expat.

Good luck

Sadamune

While that may be true sadamune, I've sent several email messages over the years to online jp diveshops and have never ever received a reply. oh well.

We are a Scubapro dealer. Send me an email what you want and I will send an estimate.

Thomas

I've sent several email messages over the years to online jp diveshops and have never ever received a reply.

Well, that sucks. I would have thought Japanese dive shops would be as courteous as dive shops in the US, even if it were a "sorry, we can't help you" e-mail. Bollocks to 'em then.

My guess is that international purchases and shipments may be bothersome to dive shop operators there.

I've had a couple of people working for shops pm me.
Thing is, some japanese kit is way more interesting to me than the boring old black available to the rest of the world. Why are the japanese the only ones to embrace any colour?? :D

Sadamune:
Well, that sucks. I would have thought Japanese dive shops would be as courteous as dive shops in the US, even if it were a "sorry, we can't help you" e-mail. Bollocks to 'em then.

My guess is that international purchases and shipments may be bothersome to dive shop operators there.

I did not see any smileys in there...

There are a few dive shops in Japan with English ability staff, for example, MIC had a booth at DEMA. Probably the reason the original poster asked in this forum is to find a helpful shop or diver to work out the deal. You are also forgetting that almost ALL dive shops sign agreements with scuba equipment manufacturers and are not permitted to sell outside their country.

Also, one huge problem with international orders is payment and shipping.

It is very difficult these days since there is increasing credit card fraud. We get mail daily from Indonesia, Russia, etc. asking for quotes for dive gear, how many of them are legitimate? Maybe 1 out of 1,000.

Shipping costs on a small order are usually more than the order itself. Export documentation must be filled out, and most people do not know the proper procedures, it varies by country...

In a nutshell, it is much more complicated than you may think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom