ENT referral in West Los Angeles Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dytis-sm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am looking for an Ear doctor that is familiar with diving injuries. I do not have an injury but would like to have an ear checkup and discuss some issues that I have from time to time when I dive. I am hoping for someone that accepts Anthem/Blue Cross PPO and is the West Los Angeles area.

I contacted DAN but only received one referal which seems a bit odd to me, as it is an ENT with a 60 year practice...which I assume is in his 70s. I need someone more up-to-date (no offense to the senior doctors but some old dogs cannot learn new tricks).

Any recommendations in the West Los Angeles area will be highly appreciated.

I am looking for an Ear doctor..

Not sure that you will find an otologist who is also trained in diving injuries, but the House group in LA is one of the best and oldest ear specialty groups in the country...

House Research Institute

Good luck!

Mike

Dytsi-sm. If you don't have an injury but just need a good general ear/sinus exam and related dive questions answered, I would also consider a family physician that is a diver or dare I say, even a knowledgable nurse practitioner.

Dytsi-sm. If you don't have an injury but just need a good general ear/sinus exam and related dive questions answered, I would also consider a family physician that is a diver or dare I say, even a knowledgable nurse practitioner.

Thank you for the suggestion. I do not have a particular injury but want to visit someone with diving experience. This is why I posted here and hoped for some names/referals

Maybe the place is 6o years old but it's the son or someone who took it over...

I contacted DAN but only received one referal which seems a bit odd to me, as it is an ENT with a 60 year practice...which I assume is in his 70s. I need someone more up-to-date (no offense to the senior doctors but some old dogs cannot learn new tricks).

Any recommendations in the West Los Angeles area will be highly appreciated.

:rolleyes: :screwy:

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Not the west side, but not all that far up the 405. I've been seeing Dr. Dickman for many years, for both diver related injuries (only once), and other ENT related matters.

Dr. Jerome Dickman
(818) 403-2430
19950 Rinaldi
Porter Ranch
CA
91326-4141

Maybe the place is 6o years old but it's the son or someone who took it over...

Could be ... but it could also be that his son does not dive ;-)

I am sure that any ENT will suffice for a check, but it is a bit different when you are talking diving related concerns to someone that has dived and someone that read about in books. I developed my peculiarity with a recent experience. My family doctor is a runner so he is pretty good in diagnosing running injuries. I recently had a torn tendon (called plantaris) and although I was given a false diagnosis from a doctor at the scene, he just touched the area and diagnosed it correctly in two minutes. So that is why I would prefer an ENT with diving experience.

I had the same negative experience with DAN and their so called "Physician Network". Their "network" had exactly one ENT in California and he was in the Bay area.

I had the same negative experience with DAN and their so called "Physician Network". Their "network" had exactly one ENT in California and he was in the Bay area.

The one they recommended to me was in Los Angeles but one ENT specializing in diving injuries in LA? Really? On the positive side maybe there is no big demand...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom