Epoque DCL-30 and Recsea S100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris.evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

I am ditching my Ikelite Ultra Compact housing for my S100, I have the Recsea housing now. I had originally purchased the Epoque DCL-30 for the Ikelite, and I have used it for the Recsea. I don't see many people using this lens with the Recsea housing, any ideas why? Selling it with the Ikelite housing would make it easier to sell the housing. I like that it's a flat lens and I can store it in my BCD, it looks like most populat lenses for the Recsea are dome port. I don't mind pincushion, it's actually a bit charper in the corners than a dome (imo), and it fits in my pocket.

EDIT: I also have one of the bayonet kits for 67mm lenses.

Is there a better flat wide angle lens for the recsea?

Thanks,

There are no problems with this lens except it will vignette until around 26-28mm equivalent depending on the housing
In US it is distributed by bluewater photo and is quite popular
If you don't like domes another alternative is an Inon UWL-H100 that is also available as bayonet (easier to remove) it vignettes less and is more expensive it can take a dome if you wanted to
If you are happy with 100 degree field of view you will be ok with this lens

Back
Top Bottom