Eqip Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sesegal99

Reaction score
Saw both of these packages online, never bought from Leisurepro before....

Just curious as to if the Manufactures Warranties remain. They e-mailed me back and said all equp is brand new and that they honor mfg warranties. If any probs I just send it back to them. Will this have any affect on having the gear serviced at LDS???

Any other recommendations for purchasing gear at a good price is recommended. My LDS is twice the $ on the same products. I'll use them for normal stuff but for the big items I can save alot!!

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/PCKT3.html

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/PCKM3.html

Thanks in advanced

Your basic kit is pretty important. I know it cost more to go to a dive shop, alot more in fact. However, if you purchase from the locals you will know it fits you and if you do have a problem they are right there. For the first one go the LDS route. I went piecemeal and rented and tried different things and slowly assembled my first set.

Good luck

Jim

You've come to the right place to ask. Leisure Pro is a good place to get some diving gear, but when it comes to regulators and BCs, think of these three words, "life support equipment." LP does have their own warranty, but if you purchase anything from them, you're likely not to have any Manufacturer's warranty. i.e., Scubapro and Aqualung, to name a couple, do not allow internet sales, or mail delivery of their items. Otherwise the SP and AL warranties are void. Mares, on the other hand, does allow internet sales and mail delivery, as long as the retail shop is an authorized dealer, which LP is not. So once again, you've lost your manufacturer's warranty. That might not mean a lot, but when your choice of places to get warranty service is narrowed down to ONE, that's not enough chances. Remember, you get what you pay for. If you're on a budget, better to get something lesser expensive than what perhaps you're looking to get and keep your MW.

Just my .02 psi

Leisure Pro is a great place to buy gear cheap. However your LDS has no obligation to service that gear, as Leisure Pro is not an authorized dealer for the majority of the products they sell. Do a search on Leisure Pro, as this has all been covered before.

Back
Top Bottom