Equinox Pro-Pac 6 for Panasonic PV-GS500

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EricJ

Contributor
Reaction score
Los Osos (San Luis Obispo County) California
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm thinking about getting the the Equinox Pro-Pac 6 for my Panasonic PV-GS500.

I'll most likely add the external lcd as well.

I've heard great things about the Ikelite housings, but I haven't seen one for my video camera. The Equinox Pro-Pac 6 seems like a good alternative.

My dive buddy takes still photographs. My thought is I'd take video while he takes the stills. If I were to invest in taking stills, we'd come away from every dive with the same shots.

Any insights? Should I get the Equinox housing for my video camera?

I bought my Equinox Pro 6 housing for the TRV950 in 2002. I have made around 150 and 200 video dives, from Seattle to SE Asia and back wiht it and must say I am more than pleased with it and the service from TJ and the crew at Equinox.

I have the newer version of the LCD monitor and it is well worth the money to make this upgrade.

I have been using UK 100 light cannons for video lights and just decided to order the Equinox lights.

When I had an issue with the little rubber "feet" on the record arm getting worn from use, presto, several more showed up, free of charge in the mail.

Anytime I havd questions I have called and always gotten superior customer serivce.

IMHO, from the price feature/benifit perspective, they are really hard to beat.

Mike...

Thanks for the input. Another positive point is that they will modify the housing to fit a different camera if that were ever to become necessary. I got a good feeling from the Equinox rep when I called the company. He patiently answered all my questions and NEVER pressured me into making the purchase.

I've been considering this for a while, but next week I think I'm going to purchase the housing and the LCD monitor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom