Erie, PA - non-charter diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_paula

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all.

I'm looking for some non-charter dive locations in Erie, PA for this coming weekend. Any suggestions? I'm not from the area and would really like to dive with a buddy that will be meeting up with me.

So?

Paula

Misread your post. I have been in Two Mile Run Park near Franklin. Not super interesting but its a dive. Found a few cell phones and bottles.

If you're in the area and ever need a buddy, I'm at school in Meadville and have all my gear. Willing to dive any time.

Last edited:
hmmmm... hadn't heard of Two Mile Run Park.

As for mis-reading my post, I believe I saw it before you edited it. Did you mention the GLWC M&G in it? If so, I am definitely going as I missed the last couple and want to meet up with my buddies. I'd suggest carpooling but I'll be headed from Gilboa to the Detroit area (home) on Sunday and not coming back to Clarion until Monday.

I now have my gear in PA with me so hopefully we are able to hook up for some diving.

Paula

Are you familiar with LEWD, Lake Erie Wreck Divers. I just joined, hope to hook up with them near future. Google is your friend.

Jay

Thanks Jay.

Hadn't run across LEWD - I'll have to check it out. We have done quite a bit of intenet searching for diving in the area between Clarion, PA and Cleveland, OH. Just thought someone on Scubaboard would have recommendations.

Paula

Thanks Jay.

Hadn't run across LEWD - I'll have to check it out. We have done quite a bit of intenet searching for diving in the area between Clarion, PA and Cleveland, OH. Just thought someone on Scubaboard would have recommendations.

Paula

Paula, here is a link I found searching for the same thing you are, can't really recommend as I have not been to any of these sites, but would like to some time.

Page Dive Connections Diver's World

There is also Strawberry Quarry close to Slippery Rock, not real exciting and fairly shallow, but a place to get wet.

Paula, here is a link I found searching for the same thing you are, can't really recommend as I have not been to any of these sites, but would like to some time.

Page Dive Connections Diver's World

There is also Strawberry Quarry close to Slippery Rock, not real exciting and fairly shallow, but a place to get wet.

Hi Mike!

Gee it's been a long time. Thanks for the link. I've only wound up diving W.PA 3 times now. Hopefully I'll get more in soon. If you set anything up please be sure to include me.

Paula

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom