Ernesto was NON event for the Florida Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Gary

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Well I've been through a number of storms in the Keys over the last few years and Ernesto was NOT anything to write home about. Not much winds or rain and I'd say the reefs will be good to dive by tomorrow, but please give us one day to get our boats and shops back in order.

We look forward to a great weekend of diving as the Keys were spared another blow by Mother Nature. Look forward to seeing everyone down for a great Labor Day weekend.

Good Diving,

Great news Capt. Gary!!!

WOW that is great news!!! looks like this weekend will still be on! HORRAYY!!! keep us posted how its looking!

Great news. I was tracking the bouys yesterday up and down the keys and it didn't seem to be blowing too hard. We are still recovering from the effects of the 8' storm surge of Wilma. We certainly don't need another!

It was a great excuse to get two days off work and to make sure my shutters were in working order and to rearrange the garage. :)

I'm up for a beach dive Saturday...who's with me?

We decided to consider it a practice run. Now everyone has their generators all set up and fueled up and hurricane supply kit well stocked (although we're going to have to restock the rum).

Good to heard you're running again starting Friday, Gary. I'll probably do some maintenence on my boat tomorrow and have her back in the water on Friday.

It was the most build-up for the least storm since I came down here!

Rachel

biscuit7:
It was the most build-up for the least storm since I came down here!

Rachel

Dont get me started. I really think we should take the local news stations and their reporters and lock them away every time a storm comes within a thousand miles of Florida. Every time I swear I am not going to listen to "Fear TV"....and they ALMOST sucked me into the hype again.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom