Error Logging Out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scowens

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

I get an error logging out, and the screen asks to "click here" to log out. Did I do something wrong, or is there a problem somewhere else. It's been doing it for a few weeks, or so.

Thanks
Steve

Same here.

Chuck

We can log out? Hmmm... so we can. Is there any benefit from doing that vs. just closing the window?

archman:
We can log out? Hmmm... so we can. Is there any benefit from doing that vs. just closing the window?

Not for a site like this there really isn't. If it were something that had personal information, such as a bank site with your online account then you should definitly log out. If you don't log out it is possible for someone to sneak in using your unclosed session. Not very likely here and not a big security problem even if it did happen. I doubt anyone is packet sniffing a free SCUBA message board waiting for a chance to pounce.

Joe

The only problems with not logging out would be someone else using your session to access your account as Joe said. Because this is an open forum that is nto a huge problem for most but if your machine is sued by others (employees, family, etc...) you may want to consider logging out when you leave it.

My wife and I use the same computer to log on. I'm currently logged on under her name. I can't log her out to sign myself in. This means I can post new threads. This is very aggravating to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Click logout, if the error occurs (not everyone encounters it), click the next logout button and it will remove your cookies again... if you still cant logout it is because your cookie was set on a different path of our domain name then the one you are using now and you will need to clear your cookies manually as explained at http://www.scubaboard.com/faq.php?faq=vb_user_maintain#faq_vb_clear_cookies. Generally after you manualy clear your cookies once you do not need to do so again as your next cookie (from when you log back in) will be set for the proper domain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom