Ever been saved by your buddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A "buddy" tried to kill me once... Or he was thinking that he was saving me. We were ascending together. I was going a steady slow pace. My buddy, thinking that I did not know how to dive, decided that I need to surface a little faster..... He tried to inflate my BC. I almost punched him.

We had a little talk on the surface about how the BC was not an elevator button, and how one need to deflate it as you get closer to the surface... He was very quiet about the whole thing...

1. What is your total number of dives

2. How many times have you or your buddy saved the other from a potentially lethal or serious injury situation.

3. What were the circumstances surrounding the event.

I'm just interested to see what common things arise and how we might better prepare to avoid or deal with them.

I have 60 dives with no real assistance given or received yet.

Bluey

1. 76 dives

2. No

3. N/A

I would also strongly suggest taking the rescue course with a good instructor that will make really worth while.

Back
Top Bottom