Ewa - Marine housings [surf photography]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FunKsheN

Reaction score
Hey fellas,

Im trying to egt into surf photography with my EOE 630 but as you all know housings are rediculously priced and im only 17 so the budgets fairly small:D

Has anyone had any experience with the equipment or heard anything about them, im really keen on this and i would appreciate ANYTHING anyone has to say on the subject.

Keep in mind that i will only be diving to around 3m max, as i will do most shooting from a board, so ill only need to duck through waves.

Thanks in advance guys

Sam Cuthbert

You can find all kinds of info and opinions if you'll use the search button. :wink:

CLICK HERE to see what TheAvatar had to say about Ewa-Marine

ah cheers dee that was cool, kinda read that b4 tho...

Um what i was interested in was wether i could safely drag it thru a wave etc and duck dive to say 3m without the pressure pushing buttons...

leakages may occur in your extreme scuba diving but the chance of it happenin if im only down there for say 30 secs..

pretty small?

You and your gear go through the biggest pressure change to 10ft....the pressure doesn't increase the deeper you get much deeper than that.

The biggest complaint I've heard about the plastic bag-type protection is the pressure will push the buttons. I would think it could happen at 10ft too, no matter how long you were down.

I'm really the wrong person to answer this because I can't imagine putting cameras or any electronic device in something so similar to a heavy ziplock bag and take it in the water! But good luck if you try it!

I never had the pressure push buttons on my Elan II and you should have any problems in the first 10ft if you start out with enough air in the bag. You should have no problems. This is an ideal task for the EWA bag IMHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom