EWA-Marine Repair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheAvatar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yes yes yes... plastic bag etc etc etc but <0.1% of my shutter cycles are underwater so I can'st justify the $$$ for a housing. The truth is I put my camera gear through much more danger in ski photography shooting in snowstorms and jumping off 40ft cliffs with no bag where I'm risking $6000 of gear at once instead of just $2000 like in the EWA. I've used the bag to good effect before.

EWA-Marine U-AXP has about 1/2" of seam seperation. Since it is a seam seperation instead of a tear, it should be relatively easy to fix. Anyone have any recommendations on what kind of adhesive to use? Some kind of silicone cement? (bag is PVC)

My bag is out of warranty so I'm not worried about voiding it. I don't have time to send it in for service either.

And since this thread will probably turn up in searches, if anyone has any patching advice that would be cool to have in the thread.

I used to just use Aquaseal, but since it's PVC, you might want to try PVC cement (like they use for plumbing) and a finishing layer of Aquaseal. I don't know if the PVC cement would work on that kind of PVC or just the hard pipe stuff. I used to use an EWA Marine bag years ago and the same seam-separation thing happened to me too. I used to puff it up with air as much as I could so I could take it deeper (I'd take it to 80 feet all the time) and I guess this stressed the seams.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom