Excercise? Fitness? For Diving?? Hah!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diversmarts

Reaction score
Kidding me??

I don't what it is.......but I've been diving all over the world, and here is my basic physical description of your average scuba diver.....many of you should agree, whether you admit to or not:

1) Overweight
2) Chain smokers
3) Lushes
4) Lackluster diet
5) Poor dressers

If such a thing as fitness is standard protocol for most divers, you got me fooled!

diversmarts:
Kidding me??

I don't what it is.......but I've been diving all over the world, and here is my basic physical description of your average scuba diver.....many of you should agree, whether you admit to or not:

1) Overweight
2) Chain smokers
3) Lushes
4) Lackluster diet
5) Poor dressers

If such a thing as fitness is standard protocol for most divers, you got me fooled!

I wouldn't disagree. However, your survey probably looks at a select sample. Most technical divers, and especially DIR folks maintain a regimen of fitness necessitated by the harder-core type of diving they do. I don't know about dressing, but from 1,2,3,4...how can you be anything but s slob-meister?

Mr. X - Slob Meister during the College Years

Mr.X:
I wouldn't disagree. However, your survey probably looks at a select sample. Most technical divers, and especially DIR folks maintain a regimen of fitness necessitated by the harder-core type of diving they do. I don't know about dressing, but from 1,2,3,4...how can you be anything but s slob-meister?

Mr. X - Slob Meister during the College Years

Some techs, yeah. But I dive with some of those folks, and they fall into that overweight smoking class as well.

Just a simple observation. Interesting.

i know what you mean, though i dont smoke (anymore) i rarley drink!!! but when i do drink i do with the other divers and yes i can tie one on with the othere divers , good thing as i am a happy goof ball drunk, i love to have fun and make things fun for all around me (clown, yep thats me) dress, well if it dont require a three piece suit, well i am in tenny shoes, t-shirt-levis, all the way so i guess i fit the DIVER profile, yup i am a dive bum:D and i love it!!!!!!!!!!!! oh i am only 6-2 208 so i am in the good weight range, the minority?

diversmarts:
Kidding me??

1) Overweight
2) Chain smokers
3) Lushes
4) Lackluster diet
5) Poor dressers

Damn...that describes my instructor...:D

Just kidding Scott!!!!

VIVA LA EVOLUCION!!

You just need to dive with more SB'ers :D

LOL

My fitness has nothing to do with diving (6'1" - 195lbs)

It does have alot to do with: Skiing (the snow kind!), Squash, Blading, Riding sportbikes (see profile), lifting and mountainbiking.

I don't think alot of people out there exercise because of diving.

Can't be out of shape and do this all day:

ski8.jpg

I'm with Jeckyll. Not that I've got much diving under my belt. Maybe I'm not a diver since I'm not 1) overweight, 2) a chain smoker (don't smoke at all), 3) a lush (not even much of a social drinker), 4) have a lackluster diet (though I love sweets). The poor dresser part I'll leave for others to decide. I don't get out much. And when I do work, I have a uniform :D

I've seen all types of divers. Haven't noticed the pattern except for the drinking part.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom